Saturday, June 30, 2007

Homecoming Day



And that's the Great name of our stall, taken from the Name of our Co - Form teacher. Except we changed it to a old Ah Mah instead.

Our school Homecoming day ( a fun fair ) was held today. You should have heard about it, because its such a Grand event. Our class sold Doughnuts, Corn, Fishballs and Chicken wings.
It was really fun to mann our own stall, preparing the food, mobile selling and giving out flyers.

We ordered 200 doughnuts ( + 100 Free doughnuts from the Student loungue ), 6 Very Big cans of corn, alot of fishballs ( Too many to count ) and chicken wings ( I also don't know the number ). That's really a lot to sell (especially the doughnuts), but I bet we can do it. Cause We Have to, otherwise we'll spent the rest of our lives eating Doughnuts, and maybe become one.

In the first shift were Andrew, Jie Chou, Wei Shan, Shu Yi, Yi Jie, Perry, Wei Chen, Aaron, Victor, Josiah. Before the crowd came, we started to set up the food stall, posters and the equipment ( all the cables, toaster ovens, and the steamer). After that, we started to prepare the food, by piercing the fishballs into the Satay Sticks, steaming the corn and heating the chicken wings.

Staring the the Mouth - watering doughnuts on the table, I really wanted to eat one Rainbow doughnut. But I must Abstain, cause its Sinful.

Soon after, the crowd started to stream in, along with our Shouting ( LEYLONG ) and publicising. People started to purchase our food, and things were going pretty well. Miss Krishnan even came to help us. But Mrs Chua didn't.

Miss Krishnan seemed happy about our stall, and helped us with the sale too. Andrew was really agitated and nervous, and Wei Shan asked him to relax. We caught teachers and "forced" them to buy our food. Ahaha. Then, Andrew was really agitated and nervous, and Wei Shan asked him to relax. Maybe he was just really enthusiatic about selling the food? Ya, surely.

I also realised that most of the teachers were health conscious, and bought the Corn, instead of the Sinful delights ( the doughnut, the fish balls, and the chicken wings )

By 9.30, the crowded was going at its Fullest, and so, we had to Intensify our Approach. Haha. So we pai4 some "agents" to give out the little flyers, and some to be Mobile stalls. " Don't come back till you've sold everything " Haha, thats what Andrew said. Really threatening lol.

As for me, I stayed at the Headquarters to sell the Doughuts. Me, Andrew, and Wei Shan shouted more, and louder.

( The standard line to attract a customer:

Say "Good Morning Sir/Madam/Ah boy/Ah girl, welcome to " Ah Mah Chua's Delights". Would you like either a Yummy doughnut, a stick of pipping hot fish balls, or a cup of Freshly Steamed corn? We even sell sizzling chicken wings. Everythings one for a dollar, except the wings, which are 2 for $3. So may I take your order?" )

Our efforts paid off and more people came to buy at our stall, and we got really busy. The coupons kept going into the Printing Paper Box used as our Coupon Bank. In addition, many flyers were given out and our Mobile sellers came back with empty baskets but with a handful of coupons clutched in their hands.

The customers kept coming, and we kept selling. The fishballs were the corn we the better sellers. As I was sold the food, I felt really guilty because we were like really evil, selling such unhealthy food to the crowd, making them fat. How bad we are..

And worse, I couldn't resist any longer and I ate 3 doughnuts myself too. ( Well, I'll just take it as Supporting my Class Stall). But I'll get fatter.

Time passes within a blink, literally, and it was already 11.30, time to go for my shift. I felt really reluctant to leave the stall, I wanted to continue selling for the 4 shifts. But I'm a First Aider ( thought I'm not really good), and a First Aider gotta do what a First Aider gotta do. So goodbye " Ah Mah Chua's Delights ", sell more hor.

I had 4 hours of First Aid duty, the First Aid post was in one of the classroom stalls. There were only like 5 First Aiders ( Me, Szeto, Shi Min, Eugene and Desmond ) in the third and fourth Duty Shift ( Including me ). How?

Okay, during the duty I was quite alert at the first 2 hours. But after that, I admit I was really inattentive, and Slack. I didn't watch out for casualties, I expected to look out for me. I thought I would be really conspicious in my uniform, so easy to be spot. I looked more at the food stalls instead. I'm a bad First Aider. Well, I got to Change.

After the Homecoming, Charlton, Nicholas, Wai Yinn, Brian, Jiew Peng ( the Real Joker ) and I had a little meeting discussing on doing something for our Teacher - IC Mr Ling before he leave's our School. I wished he would stay with our school, our Corps. He such a good teacher-IC. We're planning on baking a little cake for him, and maybe even do a Barbeque.

And here are the pictures which I took during the Homecoming Fun Fair.

Our Stall's Menu :
Chicken Wings
Corn
Alot and alot pf fish balls
Donuts
Donuts
And more Donuts
Ok you're drooling now.
More pictures







No comments: