Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Its Our Day

Today's the day, Our Day. So early in the morning, at about 6am, I took a taxi to school. I changd into my uniform. Soon, the rest of the Year 3s came, in their smart uniforms too. I was one of the ones who had the least badges, the others had so many until their left sleeve were like 2 kilograms heavy.

Our squad was like really small, about 20 people ( perhaps the smallest UG ). But it didn't really matter actually. So we stood unmoving in front of the primary school hall stage, as the students started to stroll in when the morning assembly bell rang. Timothy was the PC, great commanding, great job.

The parade was rather short, with the Pledges, a speech by Mr Ling and prayer. The squad was dismissed and assembly carried on as usual as we sat at the side of the hall.

Later part of the day, I didn't know that we had to wear our uniform for the entire day, I thought only til after recess. It was pretty much my mistake as I didn't like get the instructions clear. So during the Afternoon assembly, I was the only one who didn't wear uniform. So I felt rather weird, the only SJ cadet not wearing his uniform.

But anyway, after assembly, all the NCOs gathered, but we couldn't find Wai Yinn and Reginald. We took pictures of us posing with our left arms ( to show off badges ), all saluting Lewis and other funny poses. It's going to be up on our corps blog, and I think it'll be a big Joke to the Juniors lol.

Today I also heard a really really nice, Hawaii-tropicalish song ( being played in the Nature Guide's iMOVIE ). The song is "Hawaiian Roller Coastal Ride" by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu and the Kamehameha School Children's Chorus ( really long name ). You won't believe this but its one of the sound tracks of the Lilo and Stitch movie. It was rather a coincidence because I watched the movie with my cousin, the day before. No wonder I could recall that song the moment I heard it.

I'm really in love with it. Go listen there.

No comments: