Thursday, August 9, 2007

Primary Six

Today I discovered a new song ( which I really really dig ), and some memories along with it as well.

It all came about when I was watching Legally Blonde 2 ( last resort ) when they played some song which sounded Avril. I loved it immediately. I tried to memorise the lyrics as much as I could, so that I could search for it later. What " If you're trying to turn me, into something else. I've seen it enough, and I'm over that. I'm nobody's fool... If you wanna bring me down..."

The two words Nobody's Fool sounded really familiar? Was it one of the tracks of the Avril Lavigne album "Let Go" which I burned like 4 years ago?



( This is the Illegally burned Avril Lavigne CD I have )

With excited and palpating ( did I spell that right? ) hands I pulled it out of my the CD pocket. I listened to every single track, all 13 of them. I realised that actually it was packed with a full load of great songs actually. And I previously thought it was just a lousy album?

And Indeed, at track 11, the familiar tune came out of the cd player, previously heard on Legally Blonde 2. Dig it.

And after further listening of the song, the rapping part at the beginning seemed all so famliar. I sort of had a brain wave and everything came back to me. It was the song which I sang with my group when I was Primary 6 music presentation. Now I remember!

My group was made up of Hoi Man, Hwee Fang, Khariah, Dehong and I. I think it was Hwee Fang's idea to choose this song. ( Luckily not Hoi Man's idea of singing MILKSHAKE ) Come to think of it, we actually didn't work well together as a team to present this song then. I kept complaining about how hard it was to sing the rapping part and it we would sing out of melody if we tried it. We also didn't meet up together to have a proper rehearsal like that.

In the end, it didn't turn out good, instead of singing a song, we were more like talking. Thinking back, I was really a bad bad and unreasonable team memeber back then.

And I remember the best group was Zhi Yi , or Nigel's? They sang ( And Danced ) to the song by Bring the House Down S Club 7. Haha. It all seemed like yesterday. The sweet Primary 6 memories.

No comments: