Sunday, July 8, 2007

Us, Singaporeans

Today I went to Popular to buy some stationery today. As I was waiting in the queue to pay for my items, I heard a middle aged lady raising her voice at the other cashier. I didn't know what was going on. Apparently ( from what I think ), she wanted to exchange a book, but it was under the regulations, so the cashier didn't let her exchange it. She became furious and started raising her voice even louder, so loud that she attracted the attention of bystanders. Meanwhile, the cashier seemed to be relenting silently to the bigger sized lady.

In the end, the lady said she was in a rush and had no time to waste on that. Having said so, she made a "stage exit", with everyones' eyes on her.

After she left, everyone resume to what they were doing, and acted as if nothign had happened. The cashier turned a little red by now.

I had no right to judge who was right or who was in the wrong. ( Maybe it was even partly both faults ) But I felt that there surely was some other better way of solving the misunderstanding for the middle aged lady ( like talking calmly ), instead of being so Loud.

No comments: